How do I create an event on Facebook?
Facebook is a massive driver of ticket sales and a great way to reach a big audience online for very little capital outlay. We suggest you create a Facebook event and begin promoting it to your friends and family as soon as possible. Get everyone you can to say they are interested or attending and ask them to share it with their friends. Soon you'll have a sizable following and a captive audience to promote your event to. Because Facebook is a separate company to quicker we strongly suggest you head on over to their help centre and follow their instructions on best practices and staying up to date on all their platform changes and innovations.
To create an in-person event:
- In the top right of Facebook, click , then Event.
- Click In person.
- Add the event details.
- Tap Create Event.
Bear in mind that you can't change an event's privacy after you've created the event.
There are four privacy options for events:
- Private: Visible only to the people who are invited. You can choose to allow guests to invite their friends. People who are invited can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
- Public: Visible to anyone on or off Facebook. Anyone can see things like the event description, photos, posts and videos.
- Friends: Visible only to your Facebook friends. Your friends can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
- Group: The group privacy setting determines who can see the event.
- Public group: Visible to anyone on or off Facebook. Anyone can see things like the event description, photos, event discussion and videos.
- Private group: Visible only to members of the group. Group members can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
Allow guests to invite friends
If you're creating a private event and you'd like to let guests invite others, you can turn on Guests can invite friends. Letting guests invite means that they can invite others to the online event, including people you may not know or who are not Facebook or Messenger users.
Bear in mind that you cannot change this setting after you've created your event.
You can click Event settings on the last step before creating your event. The options available depend on the privacy setting for the event.
Private and Friends
- Show guest list
- Only hosts can post
- Posts must be approved by host
How to create an event
You've set up your Quicket account and are ready to open up bookings for your next event. Quicket is a self-managed platform, so you can start the event creation process at any time to get your tickets selling as soon as possible. To start, go to ...
How do I create or edit an event for my Facebook Page?
To create an in-person event: In the top right of Facebook, click , then Event. Click In person. Add the event details. Tap Create Event. Your event opens and you can share posts, invite guests, add a cover photo and edit event details. Note: Only ...
How do I invite people to my Facebook event?
How do I invite people to my Facebook event? If you're a host of an event, you can invite your friends to the event. As an event host, you can choose different privacy settings for who can see, join or invite guests to your event. To invite people to ...
Rules for Email Marketing
Email marketing is an exciting prospect as it gives you new territory to target your events to. While it is very effective, there are some fundamental rules that you should stick by when going for email marketing. For example, it is not going to do ...
How to sell tickets on Facebook
The best way to promote your event is through social media, so why not sell your tickets there as well? Simply connect Quicket to your Facebook page and add a Tickets tab to your Page where your guests can browse, pick and then pay for tickets ...